2. MicroSD cards aren't especially robust, so I like to have one or more

3. My library is well over 100,000 tracks at this point, so running even

MicroSD card, 100k tracks? What server hardware? I sure hope you've got enough RAM to enable maximum memory usage for the database?

just a scan-for-new winds up interrupting the music during the final
steps. So if I have to do a scan, I like to be able to switch to another
server for listening.

It certainly shouldn't interrupt, as the scanner is run in a different process. Unless you're seriously running this kind of collection on a really poor single core CPU with not enough memory...

5. I'm insane.

Ok, that would explain a lot. But that's nothing I could help with :-).

--

Michael