tonyd wrote:
> Yes, this problem is persistent. Very odd. I have
> uninstalled/resinstalled LMS.7.9.1 (using a supplied app so am not sure
> if all config files are deleted), changed the msb login in LMS, and
> tested various LMS logging options while tailing the server log (but
> there are very few WiMP references in the log), but no clues so far. I
> have the Tidal plugin logging option set to 'Debug' but selecting Tidal
> albums, changing tracks etc does not generate any log entry. I have been
> unable to find out where the setting is stored that tells the Tidal
> plugin to stream MP3.

The format choosing logic is implemented on mysb.com. When you request
an item with playable tracks it would look up your preference and your
account information to see whether you were allowed/wanting to play
losslessly. Then the track would be sent back with the .flac extension,
telling LMS this was lossless, rather than lossy. Maybe you can PM me
your mysb.com and TIDAL account names, and I can investigate further?

Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - MusicArtistInfo, MusicInfoSCR