DJanGo wrote:
> I cant recomend using a bulk change over two or more Systems - eg.when i
> previously mass tag some new ripped tracks in mp3tag and the files are
> stored on my lms - some tracks are not touched by mp3tag. Since i am a
> Network/Computer engineer i knew its not because my network aor anything
> other is bad.
>
> If you didnt use strange file/fioldernames - eyeD3 could help you - if
> you use fancy names like eq: "Fran*ç*oise Hardy" or "R*ø*yksopp" its
> harder.
>
> Believe me - its impossible to bulk tag a lib like yours on a
> mouseklick. Its "hard" work.
> Someone likes cd 1 of 4 and uses lms settings to separate them - someone
> didnt like that.
>
> Go to lms gui - change albumpicture to something like 300 px and search
> your albums till you see the same picture twice and look for the
> reason.
>
> Dont (beware of)  using 3rd party tools to search in the internet and
> change your tags caused by a external db - you would not end happy - you
> would end by restoring your backup.
>
> Other than that Mp3tag or eyD3 arent bad tools but you must know that
> they can make on a single failure from the gui in front of the keyboard
> into a massive wtf moment in minutes.

Haha I know what you mean. Actually my collection is probably 99%
"clean" from the tagging perspective, but I keep finding the odd anomaly
which I'd like to weed out and correct once and for all. In my mind I
imagined dumping a list of all the artist/album data from LMS to a CSV
file, then using SQL to find the duplicates. I would then go in and
correct them "manually" using something like Tag&Rename or Mp3tag.