DJanGo wrote:
> i am using 'eyeD3.
> ' (https://eyed3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html)
> a quick test ...

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> looks like its possible but something that ends in 30 or more lines.
>
> Is this something you need? eg all the files from a album are stored
> in a folder that name matches your albums?

That's the desired result, yes, but since my collection is 99% OK at the
moment I really don't want to perform large scale modifications to my
files or folders - they could end up in a much worse state than they are
now. For example, I just tried doing a complete export of my tracks from
mp3tag and there were alot of inaccuracies in the output (data in the
wrong columns, etc). I don't know how reliable EyeD is with large
collections, but I'd be nervous  about letting make alot of changes.
My preference is definitely to run queries to identify the problems,
then fix the problems individually using EyeD or Mp3tag.