mherger wrote:
> Ok, here are some of the many issues you'll be facing:
>
> piCorePlayer: no-go
> - web UI is not encrypted
> - admin console has no password protection
> - ssh is using some default credentials
>
> LMS:
> - web UI is not encrypted
> - CLI is not encrypted
>
> Your to-do list:
> - implement https on LMS
> - disable CLI
> - modify tray icon to use https instead of CLI
> - modify control panel to use https instead of CLI
> - implement direct streaming of https resources in squeezelite
> - implement https for piCorePlayer
> - implement user management in piCorePlayer
>
> Once you're done with this you'll be closer to what you think you need.
>
> At least three different projects need major enhancements.
>
> I guess you'll have to stick with Windows Media player to listen to
> music at work. Or your smartphone.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Michael, I am guilty of additional clarification to You and others, see
updated img. So I think that only:

"Your to-do list:
- implement https on LMS" is necessary.  Rest stays untouched - ok maybe
CLI could be also secured...

24716

in sum:
User on PC Windows should control piCoreplayer over secured protocol
like https - the rest of traffic RPI <--> internet is in old fashion.

Do you see it now in brighter colors ?

|Filename: company_block3.png                                       |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24716|