Hi guys,

I just came back to lms in combination with the picoreplayer after
serveral years using another audio straming solution. Everything runs
smoothly and I am happy to see that there still is an active community.

There is just one problem which is very annoying:
Whenever I want to start a random mix (no matter if song, album, artist
or years) the server becomes completely unresponsive for a several
minutes and I cannot access the webinterface + playback stops.
Then the server restarts automatically and when it comes back it
actually created a random playlist but does not start to play it unless
I start it manually.

I installed LMS 7.9.1 on my server:
Ubuntu Linux 16.04.2
Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU 330 @ 1.60GHz, 4 cores
4GB ram
So there should be enough power.

My library is big (500gb+) and messy but I do not think that's the
problem. If I go to random albums from the main menu it takes only a
second to give me a list of albums. Also searching the library is
extremly fast. I have 0 performance problems except when I try to start
random playback.
I tried to change many different settings, deleted the cache and libray,
uninstalled all unused plugins but the problem persits.
Also I could not find any clues in the logfiles.
Any ideas what might be the problem? Maybe I should try running an older
server version?