I already tried to set the memory usage to maximum, unfortunately it
made 0 difference.

Probably not for the first call to RandomPlay, but for any subsequent call it should.

I have about 250.000 tracks in the library.

Ok, that's large.

The strange thing is that the server handles it perfectely when listing
artists, looking for random albums and searching for tracks. Only the
random mix crashes.

Please define "crash": is it exiting the process, or is it just locking up for a good while? That's a fundamental difference, though the UX might be the same.

The big issue here is that RandomPlay would first create a full list of all track IDs. This list is being used to make sure we don't repeat tracks. Whenever a track is being played, that id is removed from the list.

--

Michael