Wirrunna wrote:
> In this post John Swenson explains upsampling and will compliment your
> reference in the Ubuntu Manpages-
> https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?99088-Upsampling-Impressions&p=751357&viewfull=1#post751357

Thanks! That's the post where I found his favourite upsampling setting.

Meanwhile I tried using the above mentioned settings in pCP:

max sample rate: "44100,48000,88200,96000"
upsample setting: "E"

Trying to play a 192/24 album resulted in "unsupported sample rate"
error just as before. Only after I cleared the field "Restrict codec
setting" (it was "pcm,alac,mp3" before) this album was then played
nicely! The "restrict codec setting" with pcm at first place asks LMS to
convert my ALAC files to PCM and send PCM; this obviously is not
possible in conjunction with resampling.

So basically the settings seem to do what I want now, as long as I
generally accept ALAC to be send to pCP instead of PCM. I haven't
compared if there is a difference in soundquality as for PCM vs. ALAC; I
only know that some swear that it makes a difference whereas others
don't. I'll have to check myself some time.

Two things I am not sure about:
1. Where is the resampling now actually taking place? Is this within LMS
on the server as intended or does it take place in the pCP client?
2. Where do I see which sample rate actually gets transferred from LMS
server to pCP client?
Probably all of that gets recorded in the logfiles of LMS and pCP? If so
– I'm a stupid Mac user, sorry – how and where could I find and read
them?

Best regards
Stefan