Follow-up.  It does seem to be isolated to Podcasts from the Twit
network.  All others play without issue.  I've tried a different player
and get the same behaviour.  It's wired and not sync'd.

I cannot seem to find a log that gives me any clue as to what is going
on when it decides to stop.

I'll try pinging the Twit people to see if something has changed on
their end.

/a

*Kitchen:* Squeezebox Touch > Cambridge Audio DacMagic > Rotel RC-1070
pre > Rotel RB-1080 amp > Axiom M100
*Basement:*Squeezebox Classic > Sony integrated amp > Paradigm
in-ceiling speakers
*Upstairs:*Squeezebox v2 > Athem AVM 60 > Bryston 9B SST > Totem Forest
*Computer:*Squeezebox Classic > Tapco S5 monitors
*Bathroom:*Squeezebox Boom