That would allow remote streams to be transcoded?

I mentioned this before: I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if that simply was unimaginable back in the days when that convert.conf was created. Would it work for you? I know that some people are having issues streaming Radio Paradise flac stream to some of your bridges, as it would require transcoding. Feel free to play with that file (you can use a custom-convert.conf to override defaults). I'd be happy to modify it if I knew it was working fine. I'm no expert there myself.

--

Michael