philippe_44 wrote:
> So far, I've been using LMS with these 2 extra rules in a
> custom-convert.conf for a few hours, and looking at the transcoding
> debug log, it seems to be be doing exactly what's expected: explore
> various rules, then the more generic rule flc-mp3 (or wav-mp3), reject
> it because it does not accept 'I', then re-run the search looking for
> rules that can work but does not have seek capabilities and then find
> this flc-mp3 (wav-mp3) rule and apply it successfully .

Now I’m totally confused, again by these rules. The problem I described
above was totally in the plugin that was answering true to
‘canTranscode’ method when obviously it should not. Rules on
convert.conf then, without I or R seems to apply anyway on remote
streams and I or F seems to be treated the same way (which make probably
sense, but then why having them at the first time ... so confusing)

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5