When I reboot my player custom menus are lost.

I have Squeezelite v1.9.0-1111/piCorePlayer 4.0.0 installed on two RPi
players.
I installed Custom Browse (from SBS Settings/Plugins) created a new menu
and saved it as e.g.: Pop.cb.values.xml. The configuration directory is
set to: /home. There are no error messages. I enable it and restart LMS
and everything is fine. But when I reboot the player the menu has
disappeared (including from the Manage Menus list) although all my
configuration settings for Custom Browse are retained. The same happens
on both players.

Sorry if this is a newbie error but I have studied the Wiki and searched
the forum and issues and tried everything multiple times.

Many thanks, David