Yep, it was Avast. I uninstalled it (it's a free program so no problem)
and the problem was over.

I looked around Avast and couldn't find any settings that might have
resolved a firewall situation. I'll leave it off, and maybe install
Norton -- I'm waiting a couple of weeks until my subscription expires to
do a new install, and I have enough authorized installs to extend it to
the server (but barely). I can do a partial install on the server, but
am probably okay with just Windows firewall.

R.

LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm
speakers
Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
Radio (WiFi) - home office
Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used),
Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
Touch x 1 - spare
UE Radio x 1 - spare
Boom x 1 - spare