Hi guys,

I know I have said this before but I am still only using a 512M RPi1B
for LMS and was originally using the original 256M RPi1B.

Why? Because I want to test the "low ball" solution. I use a "standard"
pCP/LMS install and do regular insitu upgrades.

Now there are some provisos.

- Only 1000 CDs
- Only 44.1/16 WAV file with cue file
- Rescan takes 45 minutes - I do it when I go out or at night
- When I add a new CD, and before a rescan, I use "browse by folder".

- Usually only one pCP playing at once, but I do have 5 or 6
  connected.
- Web interface speed is OK - don't need to use it much anyway.
  Material skin works very well.
- Random song mix was really slow, but Michael fixed this recently.
  Thanks you Michael!!

After doing this for years, *I* have not felt the need to upgrade, even
though I have lots of spare RPi's. This solution actually works better
now than it did years ago, because Michael continues to improve LMS.

So the bottom line is, *in some cases*, even a RPi1B is more than
adequate.

regards
Greg