d6jg wrote:
> Why didn't you tell us all this in the first place ?
> I can't see how you will ever get that to work.
> You should be able to configure a bridge on the NUC but if the hotspot
> isn't on how will the NUC ever know how to route the packets? It will
> failover to the only available connection - the LAN.
> You would be far better off using the Linksys Wireless Router as it is
> intended (with DHCP etc) and then stick another Wireless Access Port
> configured in client mode on its WAN port to connect to the hotspot
> (when available) OR get a router with a SIM card option on WAN side.

thanks for your persistence.
i am now pursuing your suggestion #1.
unfortunately, what i've learned that usb-tethering on t-mobile is quite
bad, speedwise.
someone complained of throttling down to 0.3mbps or something.

so, please give me some options for specific routers that can wirelessly
connect (for WAN port) to a hotspot.
or at least, some links where i can read up on this particular setup.
thanks to all for bringing up to this point; i'm not there yet but
believe on the right track.