bpa wrote:
> That is header of a Flac audio stream - so indicate Flac part is
> working.
>
> Good. That means LMS transcoding mechanism is working and also again
> confirms Flac is OK. So problem lies with mppdec or mppdec doesn't like
> your file.
>
> Standalone test of mppdec. With no "silent" error messages should be
> visible.  Output should be playable WAV file.

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > "/usr/bin/mppdec" --prev --gain 2  "/mnt/pihdd/Audio/Music/John Surman/The
Brass Project (1993)/02. Coastline.mpc"  mppdecpout.wav
--------------------

Running that command gave:   *bash: syntax error near unexpected token
`('*

So, to simplify things I copied */mnt/pihdd/Audio/Music/John Surman/The
Brass Project (1993)/02. Coastline.mpc*  to the local dir, renamed it to
just *Coastline.mpc* and then ran

*"/usr/bin/mppdec" --prev --gain 2  "Coastline.mpc"  mppdecpout.wav*

which gave:

*MPC Decoder  1.95z67     (C) 1999-2003 Buschmann/Klemm/Piecha/Wolf

decoding of file 'Coastline.mpc'
to file 'mppdecpout.wav'

mppdec: Input File is not a MPC file, neither SV 4...6 nor SV 7 (SV
106)*

I then tried playing the Coastline.mpc file in foobar2000 (which
supports Musepack) to check that the file is valid, and it plays just
fine.

So, maybe it's SV 8?

That needs mpcdec (rather than mppdec).

'mherger already suggested'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?110406-Musepack-on-LMS-on-a-Raspberry-Pi&p=937363&viewfull=1#post937363)
trying to use that via a symlink', which I did, to no avail'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?110406-Musepack-on-LMS-on-a-Raspberry-Pi&p=937373&viewfull=1#post937373).

So, just to check...

*pi@raspi:~ $ "/usr/bin/mpcdec" "Coastline.mpc"  mpcdecpout.wav
mpcdec - Musepack (MPC) decoder v1.0.0 (C) 2006-2009 MDT
Built Sep 12 2016 18:34:33
9424896 samples decoded in 2081 ms (102.68x)*

and the resultant *mpcdecpout.wav* file plays just fine.

I'm guessing the symlink approach didn't work because the command format
for mpcdec is different to mppdec, so LMS doesn't invoke mpcdec
properly?