slimhase wrote:
> If it would just stay with the image from the xml, all would be good
> (for these podcasts; there are probably other ones, which are
> implemented correctly....)

That presupposes that we can all agree on ‘correct’ behaviour. The
publisher may have a different context in mind.

I think that LMS’ approach of gathering metadata from the stream being
played works very nicely in general. Consider, for example, a live
‘radio’ stream that delivers track title, performer, and artwork to
accompany the DJ’s choice of music. I’d rather have that than be stuck
with a single station logo gathered from, say, the ‘favourites’
listing.

Of course it requires the broadcaster/publisher to actually implement an
appropriate scheme...