bpa wrote:
> Different approach - similar to the "telnet 443" but more complete.
>
> Perl uses OpenSSL package to make a connection. The following command
> will make a secure connection using OpenSSL libraries, certs etc . to
> www.mysqueezebox.com

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> Generates lots of text ending wiuth "Verify return code: 0 (ok)"   not
> sure what a bad connection will look like - I'm guessing a non zero
> code.
>
> edit:
>
> Additional level of detail from s_client - more detail is provided on
> the interaction to set up a connection.

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > openssl s_client -state -connect www.mysqueezebox.com:443
  > openssl s_client -state -bio -connect www.mysqueezebox.com:443

--------------------

I am experiencing a similar problem, and I have been unable to figure it
out. Squeezeboxserver, running on my server, Ubuntu 18.04 OS, has no
HTTPS access to anything.

In my futile attempt to figure this out, I have installed openssl-1.1.1d
in an alternate directory, /opt/openssl. This install by itself is
working:

Code:
--------------------

  openssl s_client -state -connect www.mysqueezebox.com:443

--------------------

But this, a short PERL script, does not work:

Code:
--------------------

  use strict;
  use IO::Socket::SSL;

  # simple client
  my $cl = IO::Socket::SSL->new('www.google.com:443');
  print $cl "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n";
  print <$cl>;

--------------------

I believe this failure, at least in my case, is what is occurring in my
install of LMS - IO::Socket::SSL is failing, and I do not know how to
remedy this. I assume that IO::Socket::SSL is attempting to call
openssl? It does not find it? Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

I cannot load plugins now, and in the log, I am getting a stream of
errors that look like:
[19-11-14 13:54:04.4589] Slim::Networking::Repositories::__ANON__ (146)
Failed to fetch https://repos.squeezecommunity.org/extensions.xml:
Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor
[19-11-14 13:54:04.4592] Slim::Networking::Repositories::__ANON__ (149)
https lookup failed - trying plain text http instead:
[url]http://repos.squeezecommunity.org/extensions.xml

*Living Room:* SB Touch + DIY PSU > CI Audio VDA.2 DAC + VAC.1 PSU >
VRX.1 cables > Emotiva XSP-1 Gen 2 preamp + XPA-DR2 amp > Blue Jeans
cables > B&W 804 speakers
*Laptop:* System76 Galago + Ubuntu 16.04 + Squeezelite + Material Skin >
ifi USB iSilencer > Audirect Beam DAC > Senn IE 80 earbuds
*Bedroom:* Pixel 3a Phone + SB Player + Material/mobile > Bose SoundLink
Revolve
*Server:* Puget Systems Serenity + Ubuntu 18.04 + LMS 7.9.2
*Music:* Personal FLAC, Radio Paradise FLAC, Qobuz, Spotify