Moonbase wrote:
> Would it still be possible to add this? Shouldn’t be too difficult, I
> reckon …
If it was easy and was requested by many, I think it would have been
added in the last 10 years.
LMS is now a community project so if a feature is wanted, generally it
is added by those who want it.
Within LMS codebase Michael mainly does bug fixes and keeping LMS
current such as making sure existing services keep running, adding
generic system features such as https support, new version of Perl etc.
Michael also does a lot to unseen work to keep all the support stuff
running as well (forums, bugs, nightly builds, mysb.com, SB ownership
changes etc. ).

> There might still be some of us using the "dumb streaming" to just check
> out some things or simply play music in the office without having a real
> device around.
Since you are already using a software player Audacious to play the dump
stream (not a browser like many users of the stream) and you are already
exploring squeezelite - is there really a need to add ReplayGain to the
stream.mp3 as it was only implemented when there were no software SB
players around.

If you want a different UI there is Squeezeplay and/or Material UI.
Using a web browser as UI the player controls can be undocked.