echable wrote:
> Thanks for all the great replies finally, do the screenshots help
> identify the problem with having the Server and Client running on the
> router at the same time ? I thought I had lost the draft of what I
> wanted to post re the whole situation so sorry if I repeated myself.
> Reading through the topics/links suggested now - but I just -know-
> there's someone reading this who could just say "Yeah, change that
> setting to this and this to that and it will work".
>
> The problems with the 192.168.1.X range and being on a remote network
> trying to connect to your home network with maybe the same IPs I
> understand. Anyway, guess I'll read some more. Good job so far LMS
> forum, I've tried asking for example all official support (no clue) but
> also an active and large community forum for networking expertise and
> got thousands of views but not one reply :)

Re your router settings.
On the OpenVPN settings page try 192.168.1.x where x is a spare IP
address out side the dhcp range and a netmask of 255.255.255.255. This
should mean that every time your client connects is will be allocated
that address (but you will only be able to use one inbound connection).
This should make the vpn client address routeable on your network.

If that works then try the vpn to privateaccess. The routing table is
such that all external traffic should go there but return packets
intended for the specific vpn inbound client wont (or shouldn’t) take
the default external route.

Whether this works will depend on the openvpn implementation on the
router.

Make a note of all defaults before trying.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng