mherger wrote:
> > Is it possible to combine two or more library views into one? I
>
> Not easily.
>
> > sometimes want to create a subset of my library that cannot be
> defined
> > by a single search.
>
> You'll probably have to do this manually, but it's certainly possible.
> The library definitions are just SQL instructions.
>
> What are you trying to do?
>
> --
>
> Michael

The sordid truth is that what I was trying to do was avoid having to
learn to deal with SQL commands! That's something I said I was going to
do about a year ago, but so far it has not happened. That was in this
thread:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109818-Hoping-for-help-with-SQL-Playlist

(That's purely for reference. I'll try to describe my goal here, so it
should not be necessary to follow that link.)

As I said in the second post in that thread, I would like to be able
create random playlists (using either the built-in Random Mix or the SQL
Playlist plugin) on the basis of relatively complex Boolean expressions,
using both AND and OR filters, like this:

(Country AND Instrumental) OR (Jazz AND Vocal) OR Rock

Assuming those are all valid genre tags, I could easily create a library
view containing all files with the Country genre tag, and from that
another library view containing all of the Country files that also
contain the Instrumental genre tag. I could do the same with Jazz and
Vocal. And Rock would only require one step.

Having done that, I would have three sublibraries that I would like my
random mix to draw from. As far as I know, that is not possible; only
one library view can be active, right? So I was hoping for a way to
combine the three library views into one.

But it's probably time for me to buckle down and learn a little SQL.
Erland very generously provided some suggestions in the earlier thread
and my only excuse for now following up is laziness.

Thanks for replying Michael, but I really don't think this is something
you need to worry with.

LMS (recent) running on Debian X86_64; 5 Squeezelite players (3 in
PiCorePlayer), 3 players connected via Airplay Bridge
1 Squeezebox Radio (upgraded UE Smart Radio) now mostly retired