Apesbrain wrote:
> Mp3tag will display Vorbis tags.  Load the files, highlight all,
> right-click and select "Extended tags".  You can add/edit/delete there.

Yes - I've been caught out with this type of issue (and similar ones) in
the past - it's surprising what odd tags can be in files from different
sources (e.g. different online retailers and/or different ripping
software). A common one is iTunes purchased music which can have the
name sort tag and the compilation tag in the files - if you copy these
over to your LMS library and don't commonly use those fields it can then
cause weird results for sorting or values in your library. Another one I
find FWIW is the caps sensitivity - if you run LMS on a linux based O/S
(e.g. Vortexbox, QNAP NAS, RPi, etc) it's caps sensitive - I use
MediaMonkey in Windows as my primary editor and as a result it isn't
caps sensitive, so when I get two artists in LMS (e.g. in iPeng, or the
LMS Browser on a non-Windows device, etc) - such as "Bat For Lashes" and
"Bat for Lashes" - these will show in my editor all as 'Bat For Lashes",
so I always resort to MP3Tag to see exactly what tags are in each file
and mass update the incorrect ones as needed, etc...

For me MP3Tag is the go to tool for investigating any anomalies with
tagging before doing anything else (and supports great range of file
formats, incl. DSD, etc). :D

- Hi-Fi 1: VortexBox LMS/SOtM tX-USB; Oppo Cirrus ESS Sabre32 DAC
  (BDP-105D), Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000; Focal SM9s.
- Hi-Fi 2: Sqbox Touch/Focal XS Books.
- Hi-Fi 3: iPad/iPhones & iPeng, Plantronics BB Pro 2 LE Headphones.
- Hi-Fi 1 HT: Sony 55" 4K KD-55X8500C LED, Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K,
  PS3/PlayTV; Focal SM6s (1 Twin6, 2 Solo6, 2 Sub6).
- Accessories: Tchernov Classic & Van den Hul IC; Thor PS10 Power
  Station; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Cables (Power, HDMI, USB & Coaxial);
  Aurios & Vibrapods.