bpa wrote:
> Worse ?  Did it hang ?  If it didn't hang then it is a bit better !!
>
> I think the problem is a WAV file header "data" chunk size is set to
> zero bytes which is norm for streaming data but not for file players who
> see an zero length file and not an infinite length file.
>
> As LMS uses it for transcoding - try it with LMS - I think it will work
> on the problem m4a files

I think going from not being able to play one particular album on the
Transporter to not being able to play ANY m4a file is definitely
"worse". ;)

Wrt faad itself not hanging now, perhaps that can be seen as an
improvement, but what's the new problem that's been introduced whereby
no m4a files will play (please see the pastebin in my last post as to
what happened when I tried to play the album)?