I was trying to install BBC iplayer extras on my LMS which runs on a
Synology server through a picoreplayer and squeezelite. I got an error
message asking me to upgrade LMS to latest version. (current version
running 7.7.6). So I noticed that there was an update to LMS Media
player on synology package list marked as beta and thought I would give
it a try. Bad news. Doesn't seem to work on my system at all - at least
not using computer as remote. White screen not fully rendering. Just a
bit of a mess.

Orange Squeeze on my mobile seemed to work ok but I use computer (Chrome
browser) a lot so major downsides. To get back to working version I had
to uninstall beta version and re-install original package which again
works fine. However this meant that I had to reconfigure LMS from
scratch with add-ons etc...including Spotty.

I am reasonably content to stay with older version but wondered if
anyone else had come upon this issue.

If it has been raised by others, apologies in advance. I did a search
but didn't find any reference and this seemed the most appropriate
thread in which to raise it.

I should say that I have been using my current configuration for years
without major problems.