mutli-squeezer wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm running LMS v8.0.0-0.1.1580732899 with a large (~1 million files),
> but thoroughly structured media collection of FLAC, MP3 & OGG tracks on
> a Linux box.
>
> * Is LMS able/designed to manage this amount of media files at all?
> * Is it feasable to have LMS operaing on a read-only NFS mount (across
> Gigabit Ethernet) instead of local files?
> * LMS appears to scan the media file tags only. Is there a possibility
> of instructing the scanner to derive performer, album & track names from
> file names and paths instead?
> * LMS displays paginated lists in the Web UI. For long lists (~15000
> entries), this is a royal pain in the behind. Are there any UI updates
> that improve/fix this?
> * Playlist management: Do I see it correctly that playlists can be
> externally written to some playlist folder that is configurable in LMS,
> but each change requires a subsequent rescan of this playlist folder? Is
> there no easy way/interface for writing the changes directly to the
> corresponding SQLite DB (library.db, if I see it correctly)?
>
> Best,
> Ray

* Is LMS able/designed to manage this amount of media files at all? - I
don't see why not
* Is it feasable to have LMS operaing on a read-only NFS mount (across
Gigabit Ethernet) instead of local files? - YES
* LMS appears to scan the media file tags only. Is there a possibility
of instructing the scanner to derive performer, album & track names from
file names and paths instead? - NO
* LMS displays paginated lists in the Web UI. For long lists (~15000
entries), this is a royal pain in the behind. Are there any UI updates
that improve/fix this? - You can try Material Skin but otherwise no.
* Playlist management: Do I see it correctly that playlists can be
externally written to some playlist folder that is configurable in LMS,
but each change requires a subsequent rescan of this playlist folder? Is
there no easy way/interface for writing the changes directly to the
corresponding SQLite DB (library.db, if I see it correctly)? - You can
create and manage playlists from within LMS or externally. If you do it
within then changes are immediate as far as usage is concerned but
playlists will still be rescanned in the same way that music files are

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng