MrC wrote:
> When you go to the web interface, Settings, and on the first page, for
> your Media Folders, click the Browse button, you should see various
> expandable file system locations.  If you cannot expand one of them
> (because there's no + character), this shows you that you don't have
> full disk access for the given area.  This is a quick way for you to
> test as you're working to get permissions to work.
>
> Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Full Disk Access, and
> unlock the settings.  Click the + button.  Now type Cmd+Shift+G.  This
> will open a dialog where you can type a path.  Enter /usr/bin and then
> select perl to add it.  Do likewise for /bin and select bash.
>
> I don't recall if I had to start/stop the server after this, but certain
> need to hard refresh that LMS server Settings page.  After I configured
> the settings, I was able to then assign my paths and LMS worked.

This worked for me on Catalina 10:15:5 - definitelyI required a restart
in order for the permissions to perl and bash to kick in.

So the sequence was:
You there

1) INSTALL LMS

2) IN LMS CONTROL PANEL SELECT FOLDER(S) CONTAINING YOUR MUSIC

3) SETUP PERL, using the sequence her[/B]e:
https://learn.perl.org/installing/osx.html
macOS Editors and Terminals
Install "Command Line Tools for Xcode", either directly or through
Xcode, both available from Apple Developer downloads (free registration
required). Xcode can also be installed through the App Store
application.
Open the Terminal.app (found in Applications -> Utilities) and copy &
paste the command below into it (then press the 'return' key):
curl -L http://xrl.us/installperlosx | bash
Once this is finished (it takes several minutes), quit the Terminal app.

4) GIVE PERMISSIONS TO PERL AND BASH
Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Full Disk Access, and
unlock the settings.
Click the + button.
Now type Cmd+Shift+G.  This will open a dialog where you can type a
path.
Enter /usr/bin and then select perl to add the permissions.
Enter Yeah/bin and then select bash to add to the permissions.

5) RESTART THE MAC

- go to tab "Advanced"
- select RESCAN

Thanks very much to everyone who provided the necessary info.  Love this
forum and this community !!

3x Squeezebox Touch
1x Squeezebox Classic
Server: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.
Mobile: 3x Ipeng on Iphone /  2x Ipeng on Ipad / Orange Squeeze+Squeeze
Player
Laptops: 2x Squeezeplay 7.8.0-r328