mherger wrote:
> > The Restart button is displayed immediately the "Apply" button is
> > pressed and download initiated (not completed) - so eager users click
> > "Now" immediately almost always fail.
>
> I can't confirm this. I installed several of philippe_44's plugins,
> which made the restart dialog to be delayed by a few seconds.

I put in a $log->error into the message routine to time when the Message
was initiated - it is put up when downloading counter is incremented
(ie. from 0 to 1)  which is when download starts

Code:

        # don't offer the restart before the plugin download has succeeded.
        my $needsRestart = Slim::Utils::PluginManager->needsRestart ||
Slim::Utils::PluginDownloader->downloading;

        $params->{'warning'} = $needsRestart ?
Slim::Utils::Strings::string("PLUGIN_EXTENSIONS_RESTART_MSG") : '';

        Slim::Utils::PluginManager->message($needsRestart)

Not sure why we see such different behaviour.