I've recently returned to the SB fold from Roon, and am running LMS 8 on
a Synology DS216J.  my system is:

2 x Transporters, one analog out, one digital
2 x Touch w/ EDO, USB Out
1 Boom
1 Radio

all is good w/ the Touches and Transporters, save an odd Playlisting
problem which i'll start a separate thread for.

On the Boom and the Touch, most tracks playback with pink/white noise.
there are a few radio streams that work, but most local files, and all
Tidal/Qobuz files, play as white noise.  Most of my local files are FLAC
or AIFF; I have a few MP3 files, which play ok.

I suspect this is a synology issue: i was originally using a mac mini as
a server, running LMS 8, and all files played fine.  On the DS216J, i
was originally using 7.9.2 before upgrading to 8, and the behavior is
the same on both versions.  it feels like a file type issue, or perhaps
the DS216 does not have the codecs built in?

any help would be appreciated.

--
4 TB Drobo-->FW 800-->mac mini-->Ethernet
Transporter--> Wireworld Eclipse 6 coax-->Meridian G61