netchord wrote:
> I've recently returned to the SB fold from Roon, and am running LMS 8 on
> a Synology DS216J.  my system is:
>
> 2 x Transporters, one analog out, one digital
> 2 x Touch w/ EDO, USB Out
> 1 Boom
> 1 Radio
>
> all is good w/ the Touches and Transporters, save an odd Playlisting
> problem which i'll start a separate thread for.
>
> On the Boom and the Touch, most tracks playback with pink/white noise.
> there are a few radio streams that work, but most local files, and all
> Tidal/Qobuz files, play as white noise.  Most of my local files are FLAC
> or AIFF; I have a few MP3 files, which play ok.
>
> I suspect this is a synology issue: i was originally using a mac mini as
> a server, running LMS 8, and all files played fine.  On the DS216J, i
> was originally using 7.9.2 before upgrading to 8, and the behavior is
> the same on both versions.  it feels like a file type issue, or perhaps
> the DS216 does not have the codecs built in?
>
> any help would be appreciated.
FLAC should be no problem on most devices. Binaries are also available
in the armada38x package for the DS216j. You might want to check the
file types in Server Settings -> Advanced -> File Types.

-DS718+, RPI 2 ('Spotifyd'
(https://github.com/Spotifyd/spotifyd)/'myMPD'
(https://jcorporation.github.io/myMPD/)),Aune S6 - Exposure 3010S2 - PMC
FB1i-s -'LmsRepack + LmsUpdate'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111876-LmsUpdate-and-LmsRepack-Synology-8-0-*-packages)
- Updated and Cleaned up Logitech Media Server 8.0.0 for Synology.