carsten_h wrote:
> Oh, I didn't know. Thank you for the information. Very strange, but I
> think I will have to live with it.

>From what I understand it's because every track has an assigned
contributor ID (in the "album" table) and each contributor ID has an
assigned artist (in the "contributor" table). My guess is that the
ARTISTSORT equivalent in the contributor table ("namesearch") is always
set, either automatically by LMS or customized when we set ARTISTSORT
for a track. I further guess that LMS doesn't overwrite such
customization with its own "ARTISTSORT" derivative but only if there's a
second, "man-made" contradicting(?) one that is scanned later. Therefore
one ARTISTSORT tag changes the sorting behavior for all tracks of that
contributor ID and by doing that also for that artist.

I could be totally wrong, though.

QLMS 8.0.0@2.20 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4