I’m still using a Qnap TS419 for file storage. It’s getting on for 10
years old (I have upgraded the disks twice in that time). A long time
ago I used to run LMS on it but it’s an ARM processor and no way would
it run LMS in it’s current guise with Spotty etc.
So I went the separate LMS route with an NFS mount to the Qnap.
My production server is actually an HP Microserver with 8gb Ram and an
SSD.
It’s very quick.
My development server is a Pi4 with piCorePlayer and the same files
mounted from the Qnap.

If the ReadyNAS (with new disks) will work as a file server go the Pi
route. Otherwise get a new Qnap or Synology

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng