Davecow wrote:
> My trusty old Netgear NAS is dying (or at least the disks are).  What
> can I replace it with that I can run the Logitech Media Server on (or an
> equivalent) for use with my Squeezebox touch?

Also, if you like me are a Windows guy(don't hate me... I used to be
Chief Software guy at Dell), a second hand Dell Optiplex Small Form
Factor, or Ultra Small Form Factor make a great LMS Server, you can get
them for as little as $25 on ebay, they won't have a hard drive, but do
have a valid Windows license key in the ROM. Here is one
https://ebay.us/568ghb

You can upgrade the memory with a few extra Gb, add 320Gb SSD and
install Windows 7 then upgrade to Windows 10 for free. I run my Optiplex
under the TV with a cable attached to one of the TV ports and network
access to the NAS.

If you decide to got this route, a dedicated Optiplex, anything will do,
I recommend getting an i7 processor though.

https://ctproduced.com < Creed Taylor/CTI/KUDU
http://markcathcart.com/about

Running LMS Server, currently 7.9.3 on Headless WIN10 System; music on
Netgear ReadyNAS; Transporter(Living Room)+Duet Controller; Squeezebox
Touch(Master Bedroom), (2x)Boom(Office, Patio), Radio(Guest Bedroom),
Classic(garage), Duet(basement). Also using Squeezeplay on Windows 10.
Use Orange Squeeze app on Android.