Kid and Michael,  - repost to add attachment
It turns out it's a playlist format issue. I was building the playlist
from Material skin by getting my songs into the now playing window and
then clicking the Save icon above the list. It saves the Playlist in
this funky format (see playlist "Stuff 2o" in attached zip). I
reformatted the list (see playlist "Stuff 2" in attached zip) and it now
shows the Artist in the now playing pane. Now I have a new problem. In
the "Stuff 2" list you'll find a song #51 by "Blue Öyster Cult" is
ignored. I believe this is because the "Stuff 2" playlist is a UTF8 file
with the preceding BOM. In the last paragraph on page 40 of the Unicode
spec it states “Use of a BOM is neither required nor recommended for
UTF-8” .
www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode9.0.0/UnicodeStandard-9.0.pdf
I've tried it both with and without BOM and the song is still ignored. I
use UTF8 so that the playlist (Stuff 2) is transportable between the
music player on my phone where the Blue Öyster Cult song is recognized
just fine.

This leaves me with 2 things;

1.  How do I save the playlist from the right pane in a format of
<drive>:<Folder>/whatever in a regular playlist format rather than this
funky almost URL format
tmp:///P:/ServerFolders/MP3%20Music/Time%20Life/1965/05%20Just%20a%20Little.mp3

2.  Shouldn't LMS work just fine with UTF8 playlists with and without
BOM?

Should I start new threads for these 2 things?

Thanks for putting up with all this!

Wilkes

|Filename: Playlist.zip                                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31578|

Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.4 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets
and Squeeseslave
Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3
Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
Test system - LMS 8.0 nightly on Win10Pro - Squeezeplay
Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD
card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)