d6jg wrote:
> Doesn’t answer your question exactly but because of this issue I use
> Plex to serve DLNA. Separate server but mounts the same media files as
> LMS via NFS

Well, I thought about this option as a last resort. But since the music
db / metadata is already present in RAM, I really like efficient concept
of having a plugin re-using this content instead of building up it's own
db cache a second time.
(Is Plex working based on a persistent database of media content, or is
it responding dynamically from disk causing continuous disk access when
browsing?)

Anyway, it sounds like you had exactly the same issue. Is this correct?
(Would be soothing not being alone :) )