blackbite wrote:
> Thanks, but this is clear. The question was: where is the process of
> up-/downgrade via file in download share explained? It is not in the
> README_ON_TROUBLE file. What kind of file has to be placed there? File
> extension .tgz? Is it the normal download file from the
> slimdevices/nightly page?
> In my case for example
> "logitechmediaserver-8.0.0-1600144351-arm-linux.tgz"?
>
> But I think, I can answer myself and perhaps a few others the question
> now.
> I found something in the "QLogitechMediaServer version 2.x Help-file".
> Perhaps Digimaster can place the actual one as a text file into the
> installation root like the README_ON_TROUBLE file.
>
> Here is a part of the answer:
>
> QLogitechMediaServer version 2.x Help-file
>

> [ command line options ]
>
> ./QlogitechMediaServer.sh upgrade
>
> When there is a upgrade file available, will do a upgrade.
> FOR A DOWNGRADE, PLACE THE FILE IN THE DOWNLOADSHARE, THEN WILL NOT
> CHECK ON INSTALLED VERSION OF LMS !
> ( Will handle a upgraded, and if LMS is running will stop if first )
>
> ./QlogitechMediaServer.sh rollback
>
> Lets you rollback, to earlier installed release of LMS if they have been
> installed.
> Will show a menu, where you can choice a older version. ( Only if that
> version was installed earlier )
> ( Very usfull if a new release is causing trouble, don't forget to
> disable updates with NOUPDATE=0 to stop updating/upgrading ! )I've you go
> back in this thread, and other I several times explained how
it works.

The file you have to uses is Logitech Media Server: Unix Tarball (i386,
x86_64, i386 FreeBSD, ARM EABI, PowerPC), which is the only which will
be found and handled.

Send from my mobile Phone

*
maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly  ( with spotty,
youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from
different sources.

'Thanks for the DONATIONS' (https://paypal.me/pools/c/8iYTFsTibV)*