Harani wrote:
> I'm running Pi core player. ( Squeezelite and LMS on the same Raspberry
> Pi)
>
> When I visit the web interface the player window on the right is blank
> until I drop down the player selection menu and select Pi core player
> from there.
>
> normally you only have to drop down the selection box if there is more
> than one player on the network.
>
> In my experience if there's only one player then it just appears in that
> right hand window pane by default.
>
> I've never seen this weird behaviour before where I have to keep
> selecting it.
>
> Is there anyway to set that player as default so that it always goes to
> it when you visit the web interface?
>
> Glen

Sorry, I can't help, but just to say you're not on your own with this
problem.

Recently (months), if I stop or pause my study player
(pCP/squeezelite/ethernet, player only) within a minute or two it drops
from the list of available players and another player is automatically
selected, at this point the study player is no longer available in the
dropdown selection box (both Default and Material skins).

I have actually watched this happen in the web gui many times recently.
It also happens to my lounge player (another pCP/squeezelite/ethernet),
but *never* to my squeezebox Boom or Radio which are both connected
wirelessly.

If the study player is playing it plays all day long no problems
whatsoever. If I stop or pause, it disappears. It will reappear and
disappear again following no observable pattern when not playing.

The annoying part is when I come to resume playing and another player is
selected, my wife always seems to be near the player that kicks off
unexpectedly, she doesn't seem to think it's funny anymore. :(

LMS 8.0 latest nightly on a Raspberry pi 4/4GB piCorePlayer 6.1.0.

*Server - LMS 8.0.0 *Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library,
playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
*Study -* Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
*Lounge* - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
*Garage* - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
*Dining Room* - Squeezebox Radio

*Spares* - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi