roryking wrote:
> Good track "Barroom Girls" converted just fine. Bad track "The Way It
> Goes" did not convert at all. Had to Control-c to stop it. The whole
> album "The Harrow & The Harvest" will not play via squeezebox. It's
> unfortunately not the only album I've discovered so far.

I notice that the "good track" seems to have been created with iTunes,
as indicated by the tag display -TOO: iTunes 10.5.2-. (The actual tag in
the file would be -@too-). The "bad track" does not carry an "encoded
by" tag.

Is this common to all your "good" and "bad" tracks ?

If so, it might suggest that a solution, or an understanding of the
problem, may lie in understanding how the "bad tracks" have been
constructed.