Hawkeyenl wrote:
> Did a bit more digging, and I found that there is a more recent
> squeezelite version (developed by Ralph, v1.9.7) which has built-in opus
> support. Native support for opus on squeezelite should remove the need
> for transcoding from Flac to opus, bypassing the issue that SOX doesn't
> support opus on the synology right? Would still be good to get opus
> support on sox on the synology I guess, in case a player is ever added
> that doesn't support opus :)

Better to get latest squeezelite - it also has bug fixes.

There can be difficulty building programs like sox for NAS systems as
they needs libraries of specific version etc.   I think check out posts
by pinkdot as I think they have up to date knowledge of synology and
LMS.

Try a post on
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111876-LmsUpdate-and-LmsRepack-Synology-8-0-*-packages