bpa wrote:
> I don;' know DXD but I know LMS conversion rules
> It is trying to convert to MP3 because there is no executable for "sox"
> which is used to resample and convert flac to flac.
> What OS are you using ? Has your OS had an upgrade ?
> edit:
> I assumed by "permitted format" - you mean your DAC can pay it natively
> .  LMS can only do that if the player has reported that the DAC can
> support 352 - at a guess there is aporblem with player setup as well.
> What is your player ? what version  ?  what DAC ?   More hard info helps
> others to identify the problem.

Dear friend, thanks for helping me to troubleshoot. Really appreciate
it.

Things are getting more interesting here.

Let me start with my setup. I have a dedicated PC for LMS server only.
It's an I5 based mini pc with the latest ArchLinux installed. I had LMS
7.9.2 build out of AUR repository and everything was working fine until
Tidal playback stopped working so I upgraded to latest nighly build
(Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1605166211 @ Thu Nov 12 09:01:57
CET 2020) few days ago. I got everything working except DXD playback.

As a client I have 2 Raspberry Pi based piCoreplayers (6.1.0), one is
connected to SMSL M100 DAC, other one is connected to Chord Qutest DAC.
Both DACs support PCM 44.1 ~ 768kHz range and can accept up to DSD512.

My 2 piCorePlayers were grouped, so I jsut turned Off the SMSL M100 one
and conversion does not happen anymore. However the files were still not
playing. I started messing around and found DXD playback solution.

If I prepend DXD queue with any non DXD file (flac, dsd) and let this
FALC file play until the end, the rest of DXD files plays absolutely
fine.

Thats really strange. Seems like sox absence is not what cause DXD
playback issues. For me it more like stream output initialization issue
if the first item is DXD.