I am a long-time LMS user on Windows. Recently, I switched to Mac, and I
have a new M1 Mac Mini. This is my first time running LMS on a Mac, and
on Big Sur, and with the new M1 SoC. I am running LMS version 8.0.1, and
have been having major problems. I have already granted full disk access
to perl and bash. I did get it mostly working at one point, but now it
is unusable. In the preference pane, most of the dropdowns and buttons
are greyed-out, including being unable to add a media folder (currently
blank), and I cannot start the server. Also cannot click "Advanced
Settings" on the Advanced tab. When it was briefly working, I was also
getting the error "Problem: can't open file for" on my Boom for some
songs but not others (all of which work fine in Apple Music and are the
same file types).