I "solved" it by going to Settings -> Advanced -> Online Music Library
Integration and setting -ALL -dropdowns on top to "Integrate online
library but do not automatically check for changes". In my experience it
it is not enough to just set the dropdown for the services you actually
use. I had to set all the dropdowns like that.

It should be good enough. You can enable logging for the online library integration to see what is triggering the scan. Either it's yet another bug here, or a problem with one of the services, which would return invalid data, triggering the scan.

There's a bug in 8.0.0 and Deezer integration which would always trigger the scan if you had the Deezer plugin enabled, but were not using Deezer (which might be the case for the vast majority of users...). Disabling Deezer should do the trick. Or using 8.0.1.

--

Michael