Osamede wrote:
> Been running LMS on a headless Mac Mini for many years, for compactness
> and quietness. After many years of running LMS on Mac OS, I've found it
> very difficult over the past year or more, with either the server not
> visible, or the library showing empty because no access to the files.
> LMS is the only thing that doesn't run properly on this machine - my
> Plex video server for example, runs fine on it. Tried troubleshooting on
> this forum, but it never works properly for long. And I can't even get
> it to autostart after reboots for OS updates etc.

I've been running LMS on a vintage Mini (2012) for many years now. It
works. About the "autostart": just tell LMS *not* to autostart and then
put a plain text file named *Squeezebox.plist* in
-~/Library/LaunchAgents - (create folder if it doesn't exist) with this
content (replace YOURSHORTUSERNAME):

Code:
--------------------
    <plist version="1.0">
        <dict>
                <key>Label</key>
                <string>Squeezebox</string>
                <key>RunAtLoad</key>
                <true />
                <key>Program</key>

<string>/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/slimserver.pl</string>
                <key>ProgramArguments</key>
                <array>

<string>/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/slimserver.pl</string>
        <string>--nomysqueezebox</string>
                </array>
                <key>WorkingDirectory</key>

<string>/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server</string>
        </dict>
  </plist>

Works for me (7.9 on 10.15). Note: the ---nomysqueezebox - flag tells
LMS to start with the mysqueezebox.com or mysb.com services disabled.
Delete that if you need them.