Roland0 wrote:
> I'd advise against running squeezeserver directly from the command line
> (unless you pass it all the parameters and run it as the same user the
> startup script does).
> A simpler method to write all it's output to a file is to edit
> squeezeboxserver_safe (usually found in /usr/sbin) and change 'line 41'
> (https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver-platforms/blob/30e0c20ba94703eaadcc547a482bd3bc0bdefb87/debian/squeezeboxserver_safe#L41)
> from

Code:
--------------------
  >   > "$@" > /dev/null 2>&1 &
--------------------

Code:
--------------------
  >   > "$@" >> /tmp/lmsout.log 2>&1 &
--------------------

Thanks Roland

I ran this today, this is the result

Code:
--------------------
    The following modules failed to load: DBI EV XML::Parser::Expat
HTML::Parser JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name

  This is perl 5, version 28, subversion 1 (v5.28.1) built for
i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int

  Copyright 1987-2018, Larry Wall

  Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
  GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

  this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to the
  Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

  *******

  NOTE:

  If you're running some unsupported Linux/Unix platform, please use the
buildme.sh
  script located here:

  https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver-vendor/tree/public/8.1/CPAN

  If 8.1 is outdated by the time you read this, Replace "8.1" with the major
version
  You should never need to do this if you're on Windows or Mac OSX. If the
installers
  don't work for you, ask for help and/or report a bug.

  *******

  Exiting..
  The following modules failed to load: DBI EV XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser
JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name

  This is perl 5, version 28, subversion 1 (v5.28.1) built for
i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int

  Copyright 1987-2018, Larry Wall

  Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
  GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

  this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to the
  Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

  *******

--------------------

https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver-vendor/tree/public/8.1/CPAN

gives a 404

This is the OS

https://www.raspberrypi.org/software/raspberry-pi-desktop/

I have remembered this morning, that it is a 32 bit userland........sigh
so I guess that the 64 bit won't run anyway, although it installs.

The 32 bit install also does not start and as Michael says

> We don't have 5.28 binaries for 32 bit

I guess that it's a dead duck.

I have tried building the stuff before (with your assistance, if I
remember correctly, and the whole process defeated me.

I guess I'll have to wait for the rpi foundation to release a version
with 64 bit userland.

Not being a techie, it's all a bit beyound me.

Thanks for all the suggestions :)

Keep safe in 2021 :)

ronnie