dolodobendan wrote:
> >   >   >
  - Menus need one or better two additional levels (Menu example:
  > Genre -> Composer -> Work -> Recording)
  - At least two new tags are needed: WORK and RECORDING (or call it
  > work artist, but good luck with trying that with the aforementioned
  > 9th symph and Karajan)
  > > >

> I'm trying to build a simple plugin that lets you define the levels
> like this
>
> 1. Menu name [ TEST ]
> |_> Level 1 [ COMPOSER ] -> Level 2 [ WORK ] -> Level 3 [ RECORDING
> ]-> Level 4 [ ]
> |_> Level 1 [ GENRE ] -> Level 2 [ COMPOSER ] -> Level 3 [ WORK ]
> -> Level 4 [ RECORDING ]
> |_> Level 1 [ ARTIST ] -> Level 2 [ COMPOSER ] -> Level 3 [ WORK ]
> -> Level 4 [ RECORDING ]
> |_> Level 1 [ ] -> Level 2 [ ] -> Level 3 [ ] -> Level 4 [ ]
> 2. Menu name [ ]
> |_> Level 1 [ ] -> Level 2 [ ] -> Level 3 [ ] -> Level 4 [ ]
>
> and then automatically includes the custom tags used here in the scan
> and builds the menus. But it's progressing very slowly as I'm just
> learning perl.
Interesting.  How do you define 'RECORDING'?  I use 'WORK ARTIST' as
conductor in symphonies,  soloist in Concertos and Vocal works, and so
on.  I do have several recordings by the same Work Artist on the same
Work, but I live with it.  The track info includes the year (I use year
of recording, NOT the album year which I don't care about), which
usually means I know which is which.

LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps.  2
Touches & EDO.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz
CR603 UPnP renderers.
Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with
Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.