Thanks everyone.

Though the example screencap is for a "created" album (sort of a modern mix tape), the issue applies to other albums I have. But you've all given me ideas I can explore. I'll see what mp3tag can tell me. I think ** I ** may be the cause as I have a rather particular tagging scheme I want for my classical/choral/opera albums and thus I use mp3tag to impose this scheme for any newly ripped album before I add it to my LMS library (that is, I do not blindly use musicbrainz/freedb, especially for classical/choral/opera as the tags are frequently quite incorrect).

I only use the "normal" set of tags: Title, Album, Artist, Track, Disc, Year, Genre, AlbumArtist, Composer, Comment (the default set exposed by mp3tag's UI). To my knowledge I've not touched any other tag so did not think to "review" them as part of my workflow. I will now review them.

Regards.

Guy