whitman wrote:
> RobbH, that sounded promising, but I think the warning at the web UI
> about unsupported plugins is probably well advised—I installed these two
> to give them a whirl, and LMS promptly crashed, which I think is the
> first time for years it's done this. So I uninstalled. Shame.

That's probably the wiser course. You might notice there's another
thread here in which I complain about some recent crashes, myself. Some
were probably caused by a problem with the SSD that holds my library.
But that's been corrected, and another crash followed not long after.

On the other hand, it's been several days now since that crash, and I've
had no problems (so far!) with the most recent nightly builds of LMS
8.2. And I've been able to enjoy the benefits of these plugins: easily
switching between different random definitions and excluding unwanted
genres, even when some files have multiple genre tags that may overlap
with the included genres.

I am NOT suggesting you try these again. Only you can decide how much
risk you are willing to take and how much you value the potential
benefit. All I can tell you is that these plugins work for me most of
the time and so far the problems I occasionally encounter (which may or
may not be connected to the plugins) have not persuaded me to ditch
them.

LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players,
occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.