There are two ways you can downgraded lms.

1. Logon to youre QNap using ssh shel, and go to
/share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer.
Here you find a file called .QLMS.conf, here change the UPDATE=1 to
UPDATE=8.1.1 ( Or other version, which you want to uses )
Save the file, and now ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh restart.
This will installed disered version if it exist and run it.
Now edit .QLMS.conf NOUPDATE=0 to NOUPDATE=1, be sure there is no
leading # in front off the line, and save tie file.
This way it wont do a auto update check anymore.

2.  Logon to youre QNap using ssh shel, and go to
/share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer.
Now run ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh  rollback.
This will present you a menu, with several older version, and let
you chouce which one to want to use.
If the menu is empty, on upgraded you have not set ARCHIVE=1 in
.QLMS.conf.

Then a thing most users are not aware off, try
./QLochitechMediaServer.sh help, where it will show info regarding
options and some troubleshooting.

======================== QLMS Help ====================
QLogitechMediaServer version 2.x Help-file

QLogitechMediaServer is a init-script, to install/run
LogitechMediaServer on a QNap Nas-Systems !
It support the arm5te, armhf, arm64/aarch64, x86 and x86_64 systems,
with QTS 4.0 and higher.
On startup can check on any updates (Official/Nightly), behavior can be
chanced in .QLMS.conf
Also there is a way, the set running prio/nice-level, to make it
running smooth on a Nas-Systems/Server.
The way it works/starts can be adjusted, by editing the config file
.QLMS.confg to adjusted needs !.
Build-in there is support for several plugins like Spotty, shairtunes2,
Radio Paradise, Subsonic, GoogleMusic a.m.m.

I made/developed it, because SSOTS/SSODS stop work after a upgraded to
QTS 4.3.
First only suppled a script and perl, but soon this was complaining
about missing libraries.
It seems that a lot off libraries/software in QTS are to old or missing
options, to support LMS function's.
So from version 2.00 start using the chroot command, and in
QLogitechMediaServer there is a own file-system.
Through that way the errors where solved, and could included more
supported for LMS and plugins!
Please Keep in mind, I'm developing/building it in my spare time !

( For this you need to logon you're QNap system by ssh shell and go into
the .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer directory !)

[ command line options ]

./QlogitechMediaServer.sh start

On startup will check if there is a update for LMS, upgraded if
available. [ If NIGHTLY=1/UPDATE=1 are set in .QLMS.conf ]
Prepare system to run LMS, on it's own chrooted file-system !
If LMS crashes, will try to start LMS in the failsafe mode !
On trouble will give a error, when it's start in failsafe a
plug-in/option is causing the trouble !

./QlogitechMediaServer.sh stop

If LMS is running, will stop the services and any service started by
LMS !
Also will cleanup/unmounted any directory, and cleanup the chroot
file-system !

./QlogitechMediaServer.sh restart

Will stop LMS if running, after which a completed new start of LMS will
be preformed !

./QlogitechMediaServer.sh failsafe

Startup's with only the basic options, and no plugins are loaded !
( Very helpful if there is trouble, or a plug-in/option is causing
trouble ! )

./QlogitechMediaServer.sh status

Can be used to check if LMS is running !
When available and active also will display if running MusicIP, and if
set the next time Auto update checker will run !

./QlogitechMediaServer.sh config

Will give a lot of system information !
( Can be very handy, if you run in to trouble or a error on startup !
)

./QlogitechMediaServer.sh clean

Will completely clean the installed LMS, but settings will be kept.
When you run ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh start, will install a new LMS !
( Some times on trouble, could help to cleanup and install a completely
new LMS version )

./QlogitechMediaServer.sh check

Will check if there is a upgraded available, depending on settings
Official/nightly.
( Handy if you want to check if there is a update, without having to
restart QLogitechMediaServer. )

./QlogitechMediaServer.sh upgrade

When there is a upgrade file available, will do a upgrade.
For a downgrade, place the file in the DownloadShare, then will not
check on installed version of LMS !
( Will handle a upgraded, and if LMS is running will stop if first )

./QlogitechMediaServer.sh rollback

Lets you rollback, to earlier installed release of LMS if they have
been installed.
Will show a menu, where you can choice a older version. ( Only if that
version was installed earlier )
( Very useful if a new release is causing trouble, don't forget to
disable updates with NOUPDATE=0 to stop updating/upgrading ! )

./QlogitechMediaServer.sh timer

When in .QLMS.conf TIMER is set, will set the auto update timer ! [ If
it's not already enabled ! ]

./QlogitechMediaServer.sh timer status

If enabled will show on which time, the next check will be done !

./QlogitechMediaServer.sh timer stop

If running will stop the Auto Update timer !

./QlogitechMediaServer.sh backup

Will make a backup of the QLogitechMediaServer & LMS settings and
installed plugins !
( Will make a backup of all the LMS and QLogitechMediaServer in a save
place. )

./QlogitechMediaServer.sh restore

If LMS is running, it will be stopped.
Then a restore of the QLogitechMediaServer & LMS settings and plugins
is done !
( Be aware to chance any setting if needed, before restarting LMS with
QLogitechMeidaServer.sh start !)

[ .QLMS.conf ]

There is a config file called .QLMS.conf in the
.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer.
Here you can control several options for LMS, which will be used on
startup for the services.
Please check the wiki for more info on them.

Also there are options, which QLogitechMediaServer uses on startup !.
Which gives you control, on several options/function in the startup
process !.
On trouble or when LMS keeps crashing on startup, please remove this
from the directory !
A new default .QLMS.conf will be written on startup/restart, using only
the standard options !

The httpport will accepted a value between 9000 and 9050, default is
9001 which also be used if a wrong value used !
( On startup will test if port is available, if not add 1 up or use
default 9001 )

stoobie-doo wrote:
> Is anyone having recent issues (within the last week) connecting devices
> to LMS on a QNAP? I am able to connect from my laptop. The server is set
> to port 9001.
> My Squeezebox Radio has recently stopped being able to connect to the
> server.
> I am running v 2.21.00 of QLogitechMediaServer which has pulled down and
> installed LMS version 8.2.0 - 1619381438 as pulled down by
> QLogitechMediaServer.
>
> I've tried disabling my QNAP's firewall to see if that was the issue
> without success.
>
> Anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this? Is it the LMS
> version? If so, any way to get QLMS to move back to the 8.1 branch/

*
maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly  ( with spotty,
youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from
different sources.

'Thanks for the DONATIONS' (https://paypal.me/pools/c/8iYTFsTibV)*