Hello DigiMaster,

My copy of QLMS installed a year ago works just fine but I need to
reinstall it and would appreciate some advice and instructions,....

I first need to explain what compels me to need to reinstall it when it
already works just fine…. Two or so weeks ago QNAP users were hit by the
Qlocker ransomware.  Luckily, I was not affected. However in the process
of securing my NAS to mitigate possible future infections, I installed
Malware Remover (MR) and ran it. MR detected unidentified “high risk
malware”, instructed the use on steps to secure the NAS (which I
followed) and claimed to have removed the Malware, then instructed the
user to restart the NAS.    Rerunning the MR without restarting the NAS
finds no malware, but running it after restarting repeats the sequence
of finding the high risk malware, instructing the user on securing the
device, claiming once again to have removed the malware, and instructing
the user to restart.

So with unidentified malware still potentially infecting the device
(even though showing no symptoms), I opened a ticket with QNAP seeking
assistance as to how to proceed. The response was that my device being
old (TS-212P ) , the only advice to ensure that I get rid of the malware
was to backup all the content,  reformat the drives and “reinitialize”
the device.

Now back to QLMS. My preference is to be able to restore QLMS after
reinitialization to its current settings. Is there a one step way to
backup the current installation with all its settings, followed by
another one-step way to use the backup to reinstall it?  [Alright, it
doesn’t have to be one-step, but really, what is the simplest route to
accomplish that objective?]

Alternatively is there any advantage to forgoing the objective of
restoring all the current settings and creating a fully new
installation?

Your help is very much appreciated.

gc