I run on Windows. What I don't like is my LMS runs on a headless Windows
Server. My UI is through Material and it notifies me when there's an
update available. This is fine for plugin updates as I can do that all
through the UI. When it's an LMS update I must RDP into my server to
accomplish the update. I realize there's probably no way around the UAC
dialog, but...  If there was a way to do the update from the UI it would
be much nicer. It would also be sweet if the install had the option to
not place an icon on the desktop as I always delete it.

Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and
Squeeseslave
Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model
B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD
card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)