Paul Webster wrote:
> If you go to the web interface of LMS and the Settings/Information
> what do you see for Perl Version and IO::Socket::SSL:

The Settings/Information shows as follows:
IO::Socket::SSL: None

I know that my installation is missing this piece and that's the reason
LMS cannot access the web pages of the 3rd party plugin providers as
these are all offering https only.

What I need to know is: Where to download and how to install the missing
SSL library for Perl (step-by-step) w/o breaking SSOTS package, as
reportedly this happened to many others before trying to fix this
issue.

Thanks again for any helpful advise.